English Finish now offers bespoke intensive workshops on academic writing skills for non-native English speakers – at your university. Check the FAQs below to find out how you can benefit and how you can book a workshop.
• Yes, if you are an academic, postdoc or PhD student looking to publish your research in English and need to boost your confidence in writing in English.
• Yes, if you already publish in English and aim for top-tier journals.
Taking part in a workshop will
• Enhance your ability to write clearly for academic purposes (e.g. research papers, monographs, conference submissions, proposals for funding).
• Boost your chances of getting a paper accepted for publication in a top-tier journal.
• Increase your chances of participating in international research programmes.
• Enable you to collaborate more effectively with co-authors from different countries.
The workshops aim to help you
• Write more clearly in academic English.
• Avoid common pitfalls in English usage, grammar and syntax.
• Avoid ambiguity, repetition, inadvertent plagiarism.
• Learn how to write effective proposals in English for projects and papers.
• Address productively the concerns and suggestions of peer reviewers.
Typically, a workshop is thematically structured and involves presentations, pair-exercises, group-exercises and intensive one-to-one tutorials.
Your laptop or tablet, if you're comfortable typing on the latter. This isn't a prerequisite, but you will get more out of the exercises that involve working on your own material.
This depends on the number of the participants, the length of the workshop, the structure of the workshop (i.e. class-based only, tutorials only or a combination of both) and the location.
The fee covers preparation, delivery, travel expenses and accommodation costs. The time spent on preparation varies, depending on your requirements. The total fee also depends on the number of participants and the total duration of the workshop.
Please get in touch with Artemis Gause at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the best workshop for your students or staff and to request a costed workshop plan that fits your needs.